Tuesday, August 31, 2010

September SOTM Blog Hop- It's a "Thriller"

Welcome!

Glad you could stop by the September Stamp of the Month Blog Hop.If you have found your way here from Jennifer Benner's Blog, you are on the right track. If you are starting here, just keep on traveling around the "circle" hop till you return! I'm sure you will be amazed by the over 60 CTMH consultants participating and also pick up a few "liftable" ideas as well.

This month we are featuring a "scary" halloween themed stamp...."Thriller" This stamp set is sure to please a wide variety of tastes from the traditional skulls, and dracula to the hip "Ed Hardy" style.

My project this time is a very usable holiday decoration, a candy container cute enough to set out as a decoration and on halloween, I can hand out candy directly from the jar.



The jar itself is a plastic "cheese ball" container from Costco. I covered the label with CTMH's new "Pear" cs and then used a "My Creations" cube that I ruined and then deconstructed to make 3 decorations that I strung along the sides. I like the dimension is gave the boring round jar.




The lid is also covered in "Pear" cs cut into a circle to fit and then I used the new "Captured Moments" stamp set, a small yellow circle covered in "liquid glass" and "Color Ready Alphabet" stickers inked in "Sunset." The "Scary Halloween" is masked from a "Thriller" stamp and the lid is finished with assorted tied ribbons around the edges.



A picture of each of the embellished pieces from the cube : ) this one is a black embossed image from "Thriller" on some "Hooligans" B & T paper and mounted on "Gypsy" cs. All the pieces are strung on with some black cording I had from IKEA.





The next is on the "Gypsy" fingerprint B & T from Hooligans, with images Black embossed again from "Thriller" Thanks to Tresa Black for the little paper flower instructions from last weekends "Creative University".





Again, Black embossed images from "Thriller on Pear/Gypsy cs. I tied tiny cording knots to add some dimension to the image.


Hope you enjoyed my project, it's time to head on over to Katy Donaldson's Blog for your next dose of creative juice.


If you are in need of a "Thriller" SOTM, make sure you visit my website HERE or give me a call so you can get your new Fall/Winter Catalog and come for a visit to see all the new products in person.

See you next month!

12 comments:

Cindy said...

Love how you used this month's Stamp of the Month.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Hi Terri!! HOW fun is this?!! I love it! Not only very creative, but very useful, too! The new color (Pear) is delicious! (oops - pun not intended).

Hugs!

Amy Pitts said...

This is a great project!!

mauihumv@gmail.com said...

Very cute..love it:)

Krista Ritskes said...

Very neat idea!

Nalazoo said...

Such a clever idea to repurpose the cheese ball container AND the My Creations Cube! Fun, fun, fun!

Tammy Lea Pinchard said...

WOW! Love it.

Nancy said...

What a great idea. Love this project!

Scrappy Caren said...

Awesome cuteness!

Laurie said...

Super cute idea! Love it!

Debra said...

What a GREAT idea! Love the container.

Melissa said...

This is an amazing project!!! I totally love the details and what a fun thing that it's handmade...