Saturday, November 22, 2008

5.2 Million!!!!

Hi all,
Long time, no blog, but I have 5.2 million reasons why......
The 3-Day is over and we raised 5.2 million dollars to fight Breast Cancer!!
Yep, blisters and sore muscles and all, I'm quite proud!
Here are a couple of pics from the weekend...


Day One at Freestone Park in Gilbert at Opening Ceremonies...
Home Sweet Home at Benedict Park in Tempe G-90.....

In Old Town Scottsdale on Day 3 only 1/4 mile from the holding area....


The whole gang at the Holding Area after we crossed the finish line!
It was such an honor and so much fun to be able to do this with Kaye this time!
Daniel asked us what we talked about all those miles and we just smiled and said sometimes you don't even need to talk, it is just good to BE together....
Kaye was a rock throughout the 3-Days. She had trained much better than me and was so encouraging even when I was hurting soooo bad! She is all ready to plan her next 3-Day and although I don't know if I would walk it again, I know that my family and I will definately so our part to keep fighting for the cure!!
I wished I could have spent more time with Kaye's kids Allison and Daniel as they have grown up into such nice young people. I hope our families will be able to spend some time together again soon.
Kaye treated me to a "Hot Stone" massage on Monday after the walk and I'll tell you there isn't anything much better than those warm stones on your sore muscles! Thank you soooooo much Kaye.
I hope to be back in the next few days with some holiday creations coming out of the studio....I haven't been in there much in the last few weeks and I miss it!
All for now,
Terrie D

No comments: