Wednesday, August 31, 2011

September "Stamp of the Month" Blog Hop: Limited Edition

Welcome back to "My-Life-In-Real-Time"....

Join me and 60 or so of my closest friends as we show you some creative and fun way to use the awesome September Stamp of the Month, Limited Edition, to amp up your creativity now that the kids are back in school!

If you have come to my little corner of the blogosphere from Doreen's Blog, you are on the right track...just check out my items for this month and then click on the link at the end of this post to continue on the hop....Have fun!

For my project this time I created my annual calendar update using this fun set. Each year, I transition to a new calendar/planner as the new school year starts.



To create the front cover, I used Colonial White cs to mat some Typeset Designer cs, then I went to town matting and double matting the images from "Limited Edition." I also added a stamped canvas button badge and one of our new Complements canvas accessories. I distressed most of the pieces with our distressing tool and also with some chalk to make it look more antique, (although within several months it always looks a little antique anyway!)



Remember this layout from a few years back? Check out the back which I stamped with 3 of the stamps from "Limited Edition" in a little cluster to personalize my original creation. I know these will eventually make their way into my kids scrapbooks and I want them to know who did the journaling.



Ok, that's all for me this time...Head on over to Tamytha's Blog to check out what she has created this month!

See you soon, and happy autumn to you all ....

Terrie

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Great journal and a great way to keep track of journaling and when it was journaled.

mauihumv@gmail.com said...

Great journal and a great idea of marking the back of your layout:)

Doreen said...

Terrie - I love your journal - what a great idea! And, stamping the back of your layouts - perfect! I think I'll need to start doing that myself, too. :)
~ doreen @ whereisyourhappyplace.blogspot.com

Haley D. said...

Great journal! I like the idea of dating layouts too. Fun, fun!

Diana Soling said...

Both of your projects are great. Your journal is a great idea!!

Nalazoo said...

Nice journal. Great idea for recording who made the layout & when.

Tamytha said...

The journal is a great idea. I especially like your idea of stamping the back of your layouts.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Isn't that cool?! Nice work Terrie!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Isn't that cool?! Nice work Terrie!