Thursday, May 08, 2008

Thinking Back


OK, I promised some pictures....Here is one that says a lot!
This is a picture after Day 2...I had worn new socks the first day of the walk and found out this is a big no no. You definately want to wear and wash anything you plan to walk 20 some miles in to make sure that you don't end up with blisters. This is also after I had spent over 1 hour in line to have medical look at my feet. As I headed out after getting my feet wrapped, I called Bryan to bring me second skin, mole skin, antibiotic ointment, and three kinds of tape to do my own blister care the next day. After I learned how to do it, it was a piece of cake and really wasn't all that painful.
Another lesson learned is that the walk doesn't consist of 20 miles each day, but more like 22, 24 and 14 miles each day and yes, 24 miles is a lot for one day!
One surprise I encountered is that you are a lot less sore after walking 20 miles than I thought I would be. As long as you are taking time to stretch throughout the day, it isn't that bad.
OK, that's all for today, but will write again soon with pics of one of the cheering stations.....
Walk on,
Terrie


No comments: