Friday, May 09, 2008

Welcome Kaye!

Welcome Kaye!


I know you will be visiting since I shared this address with you this evening!


Well, what do you think? I check out so many blogs everyday, I thought this might be a great way to mend my ways and keep in better touch with my family and friends!


I wanted to include another picture from the 3-Day in 2004 as I know you want to get as much info on the walk as you can:

This picture was at one of the cheering stations along the route. This particular station was on Day 2 (Saturday), so the kids made up some really cute signs and Bryan brought them down to cheer. It is so awesome to have everyone out there clapping, cheering and yelling encouragement along the route. Even when it is not an official cheering station, people will set up their own little station and stand and clap and cheer as you walk by. Some will stay in one place for an hour or two and then pack up and move ahead and do it all over again a couple of miles down the road! You really start looking for these folks and get to know them. It is very moving when someone stands there with tears in their eyes and just claps as you walk by. You know they have lost a loved one and just want to show their support. I can't wait to experience it all with you Kaye, you are going to love it!
I have a really busy day tomorrow with Ian's last day of soccer and awards ceremony in the morning and then my "Close to my Heart" Open House in the afternoon/evening. We rushed around tonight to get Leah something to wear for Confirmation on Sunday morning at the 10:30 mass. I will probably spend a lot of my Mother's Day at the Laundrymat since my washing machine went out last week and the part for the repair won't be here till next Tuesday : 0
Till next time,
Walk On,
Terrie

No comments: